cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JAB for application based on IBM JRE v1.7

Zi_MingFu
Level 4
I want to automate an application based on IBM JRE v1.7. And I have downloaded and config JAB according BluePrism guide, but no use.

I don't find JAB 2.0.4 from Oracle website, the newest one is 2.0.2 which I have config. Could anyone help me to solve this problem? Thanks.

------------------------------
Zi Ming Fu
Application Developer
IBM
Asia/Shanghai
2 REPLIES 2

kez2fab
Staff
Staff
Hello,

You can download JRE 1.7.0_60 which contains an updated Java Access Bridge (JAB 2.0.4).
JAB 2.0.4 comes already installed with JRE7 update 60 and JRE8.

You need to enable it by doing one of the following:

1. From Windows Control Panel:

a) Click Start > Control Panel > Ease Of Access Center
b) Select Use the computer without a display
c) Under Other programs installed, click the Enable Java Access Bridge check box
d) Click Apply
e)
then click OK

OR

2. From a CMD Prompt:

Run the following command from the Windows command prompt:
%JRE_HOME%\bin\jabswitch -enable

Note: I cannot say for sure that even after doing the above, you will be able to spy your application successfully because it is based on the IBM JRE.

You may need to manually copy the relevant files to the folder lib\ext under your IBM JRE Java installation directory.
Here's an article on the Blue Prism Portal Support Center that describe the steps:
How do I manually install the Java Access Bridge software?

Hope this helps.

Anthony Ringot
Senior Support Engineer

Unfortunately, still not resolve this problem. Besides, I have downloaded IBM JRE 8 and copy the relevant files into the folder lib\ext, it is useless too. Are there any environment variables we need to take care? Such as there should be only one JRE on computer or anything else? Thanks.

Zi Ming Fu
Application Developer
IBM
Asia/Shanghai