cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java spying for Oracle application fails after first element spied

AndrewLee
Level 2
Hi, I am attempting to spy an Oracle Java application, and we have the Java Access Bridge connected. From what we can see, the problem occurs after successfully spying on an element once before we have to restart Blue Prism before it will allow us to spy the next item on the screen. The machine is running jre 1.8.0_181 with Java Access Bridge 2.0.2 installed. We have confirmed that the DLLs are also present in the C:\Windows\System32 location. The error that we receive from Blue Prism is: System.ApplicationException: Exception getting Java Identfier KeyBindings Exception: Index was outside the bounds of the array.   at BluePrism.AMI.clsAMI.Spy(clsElementTypeInfo& elementType, List`1& identifiers)   at AutomateUI.frmIntegrationAssistant.HandleSpyOrLaunchClick(Object sender, EventArgs e) Has anyone else seen this problem before and how to resolve it? Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

AndrewLee
Level 2
We are also running V6.3 Blue Prism.

DanielB_Frutos
Level 4
Hello, the exception you are getting its due to a long path for app modeller to reach the element, you may use: Solution 1: Region Mode Solution 2: Navigate with a 'clic windw' action in Step1 where u indicate the X and Y. You can make a screenshot and find out this coordinates opening it with Paint (down left on the screen).   Hope this solution helps you, Daniel

TonyBernard
Level 2
Daniel, We are experiencing the same issue on the same versions of Java and BP as Andrew. I'm not sure that I completely understand your explanation. If the path to the element is too long why does it always work on the first attempt to spy, regardless of the element, after restarting BP? Shouldn't it fail on the first attempt? Also, unless I am misunderstanding your solution suggestions, they both seem to indicate moving toward more of a surface automation approach as opposed to standard application spying. This is not desirable if we can avoid it. Any other suggestions? Thanks, Tony

ArshuHansda
Level 4
You can use surface automation as the last option if it doesn't work at all.   Thanks, Arshu

BibekBarahi
Level 2
Hello,   We were also having same issue while spying but was able to fix by restoring WindowsAccessBridge-32.dll file in C:\Windows\SysWOW64 which was somehow overwritten with the one in the JAB 2.0.2. Original file: 97KB Included in JAB 2.0.2: 101KB Not sure where we can download the original one, but replaced it from another machine. We are still having issue while spying Java application, where it doesn't recognize the spied element but at least the error is not there now and we can view the attributes.   Regards, BB