cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Killing Process

MadhuBalineni
Level 4
Hi, i want to kill the process only my application is running process only not entire processes, for example i have open 2 internet explorer like one is google another one is my application so i want kill only my application process only and i have open internet explorer, in one window google and another window my application, i need to kill only my application window only. how can i achieve this requirement, can yo please assist for this.   Thanks in Advance!
7 REPLIES 7

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
If your object is attached to the application then use a Navigate stage to run the Terminate function.

MadhuBalineni
Level 4
Terminate function is there in object studio only but i need to kill the process in process studio

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Try attaching to the application (by exe name and window title), and if the attach is successful, terminate. If the attach fails, assume that the app is not running and there is no need to terminate.

MadhuBalineni
Level 4
Hi John,   i have one scenario like, my web application is all ready running and i want continue the flow with running instance and i don't want launch my again...how can achieve this scenario? i tried attaching the application but it is not attaching and flow also is not working in this way. can you please help on this?   Thanks in Advance!

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
If the application is already running then Attach is the only option. With the right combination of inputs in the Navigate stage, Attach should work.

MadhuBalineni
Level 4
yes it should be work but my scenario is like when I'm attaching the app after that it should click the one link. I have put wait condition there but after attaching the app it should click on the link but not clicking it is going wait time out. can you please guide me is there any other way without closing my current instance.  

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
I think you need to talk to an experienced BP developer within your organisation (or your Partner company). This forum is not the place for mentoring on such fundamentals. If the wait is timing out then the attach has succeeded and the problem is your element is not matching anything in the application.