cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Learning RPA

ramugaade
Level 2
Hi ,
I am having doubts regarding learning course as fresher and put experinced certificate for 3 years , as this done
shall i survive in this technology,i am having mederate java development .

Thanks and regards.
Ramu Gaade.

------------------------------
ramu gaade
3 REPLIES 3

PvD_SE
Level 12
Hi Ramu,

When looking for a job, it can be beneficial to have a certification. In practice, you will not only qualify as a viable candidate because you can do BP and have a BP certificate. It is more likely your wider knowledge will set you apart from other candidates. A new employer will look for candidates that do multiple computer languages, can work with various software products, with various IDE's and Operating Systems. So learning only one thing will not make you the perfect candidate,

Next thing is constant learning. I've worked in IT since well over 30 years and always kept up with things, learned new stuff, tried other languages and products. If I had not, life would probably be very boring and I would certainly be without work by now. The world IT is a moving target, keep learning and you'll be fine, stop learning and you'll be left behind somewhere.

That said, I do not hold a BP certificate and do not intend to get one either. But if you are at the start of your career, the certificate combined with your other IT knowledge could set you apart from the other candidate.

Happy coding!
---------------
Paul
Sweden
Happy coding!
Paul, Sweden
(By all means, do not mark this as the best answer!)

Hi @ramu gaade,

Totally second Paul's thought here. Just to provide my views on this topic, if one thing I ever have learnt being at RPA for my career stretch is that having knowledge in just one tool never makes you developer as a whole. When I say this, it isn't to undermine someone who maybe working in Blue Prism tech stack for a very long time but it is more on the note that if you have experience with other programming languages such as .NET/C#, most of the time you are considered an overall package aside from just being a traditional low code/No code RPA guy.

Plus similar to you my career track has been in some ways, I initially started with JAVA and still today I love Java no matter how much it frustrated the hell out of me at times. Also, got moved very early to Blue Prism tech stack but 4 years down the lane now, I got opportunity to work with 3-4 different ​​​RPA vendor which gave me a very strong sense of Outlook while deciding the strengths and weaknesses of each of them. It not only helps me to understand what all offerings every vendor is providing but also helps me with an additional layer of understanding what pros and cons are there while implementing any such framework and what is best suited to business needs. Most of my work today is on the business analysis side and performing scrum management which also was a totally new dimension for me but whenever I need to dive on the technology side, I find myself building .NET codes and turn them into reusable components for other developers to use though I significantly have worked in past with traditional bots for screen scraping or API integrations. Here, my programming language concepts help me to enhance the already built RPA strategies. Again each vendor also might support a different programming language stack as well, with some you need specifically JAVA while with some Python as opposed to being familiar with C# or VB .NET which is commonly known used languages among us RPA developers.

All in all, my point is that down the line you need to have a wider outlook on various aspects not just Blue Prism or any specific RPA tool stack. Opportunities might come to you or you might have to make some by constantly ups killing yourself. So yes long are the days gone, when we said RPA is just a low code or a No code tool even though many vendors advocate the same because as an Automation Engineer you need to see at each side of the dimension in order to better analyse and assess for what would the best way to go forward with to fulfil any given business requirement.

So if you are an experienced programmer, you definitely have cracked a significant potion of the puzzle as logically you would be sound enough to understand the nooks and cracks for complex solutions to build. All you need is to learn more, get more certificates or not that’s totally up to you. In many jobs, at least getting the basic certification is mandatory and I love getting certificates as I see it as a mean to push myself to learn more in my free time if I am not motivated enough let say with projects or business requirements. So I would advise you to get at least AD-01 Certified from a hiring employer perspective. Rest you can easily learn more at Blue Prism University and also by following the Community apart from working on real time projects which always I highly recommend to anyone who starts in this field new.

----------------------------------
Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

Great comment again by @devneetmohanty07, as usual I may add. In summary, I can indeed confirm his statement '...all you need is to learn more...' to be true even long term. Learn other languages, learn other RPA products.

Remember, it's not a burden to learn more, it's a privilege to have the opportunity to do so. After ten years in tech followed by thirty two years in IT (and counting*), I'm still learning every day, and having fun doing so. Wouldn't have it any other way!​

*yes, I'm an old guy!

Happy coding!
---------------
Paul
Sweden
Happy coding!
Paul, Sweden
(By all means, do not mark this as the best answer!)