cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Renewal

JaredGovender
Level 2
Hi RPA Community So I have a question with regards to renewing my teams exiting licenses. We have 40 licenses that expire on 26 February 2019 We have purchased 60 new licenses ( 40 to replace the 40 that are expiring and 20 for future bots) Question is: if I load the 40 licenses say 1 February 2019, when would this new batch of 40 start and expire: would it start after the existing 40 expires (ie. from 27 February 2019 to 26 February 2020) or would it start from 1 February 2019 and expire 31 January 2020?
5 REPLIES 5

david.l.morris
Level 14
They will stack during February to total 100. It'll give you a warning that 40 licenses are going to expire and that your license number will drop on a certain date. If I were you, I'd just install the new one and remove the old one if you want a true reflection of your licenses.
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

david.l.morris
Level 14
Sorry, not sure if I actually misread or not. Do you have 2 different new licenses (one with 40 and one with 20) on it? or it is a single license file with the limit being 60 on it?

JaredGovender
Level 2
Hi David Thank you for your response.   If I do remove the current licenses and install the new ones, the disadvantage would be that it will expire sooner, so I basically loose a month.   I was thinking of just getting 1 batch of 60 licenses, but I was advised to rather get 2 batches, batch 1 = 40 licenses to replace the existing, and batch 2 = 20 licenses for new bots.   So my question still stands as, if the current 40 expires 28 Febraury 2019, and I load 40 new licenses say 1 February 2019, when will the new 40 start from, will it be 1 Feb 2019 or 1 March 2019?   Regards Jared

david.l.morris
Level 14
Hi Jared, I honestly could be wrong here, but the way I understood it was that license files have a hard-coded date associated with them. Otherwise, you could just keep installing it and it would apply a new time frame. One way you could test this so you don't mess up your environments is to create a sandbox BP environment (could just be a local DB and no app server), install the previous license, then install the new license, and see what happens. Unless the client licenses work differently from the Partner licenses (for training use), the date of the license is whatever BP sets it to when they deliver it to you. I don't handle purchasing licenses so take what I say with a grain of salt (I'm mostly replying because no one else was), and my only experience with installing them is using the Partner training ones. Respectfully, Dave

MahendraPhal
Level 3
I think BP license have fixed start and end date irrespective of installation date on machine