cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listener failed - unable to start listener

ChrisRider
Level 4
I noticed the Windows Event Viewer on my BP Runtime Resource system is full of repeating critical errors.  It says:  Listener failed: Unable to start listener - is this machine already running as a Resource PC? : Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted   I am also having strange issues with my system.  If I schedule a process to Login (using Login Agent), it fails.  If I go to BP Control Room, drag over the Login process and run it -  it works. I do not know if the two issues are related or not.  Any ideas on what I can check into on this?  My scheduled processes do not work - I have to manually run them.
1 REPLY 1

savanpatel
Level 2
I don't think the two issues are related but as for the listener issue, have you tried restarting the bot, that will usually auto start the listener again. It has worked for me.  If that does not help then you will have to look for a script to run or something. I do know there is a second way of starting the listener but just don't remember it.