cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Log data of particular item in queue

PrajjwalRai
Level 5
Hi,

I have a use case, which uses a particular queue say 'X'. Now, there are three processes which run on a line item in 'X', lets say process 'A', then 'B' and then process 'A' again. While checking for the log, I see that it does not complete the log of all the three processes 'A', 'B', and then 'A' again. It only has the log of the last run process 'A'. Is there any way to get the complete log of the line item?

------------------------------
Prajjwal Rai
Application Engineer
Schneider Electric Private Limited
4 REPLIES 4

wleung
Staff
Staff
Hello Prajjwal,

Can you provide some more detail on this situation? Normally when a queue item is taken from a work queue, it is usually processed and marked as completed or in exception. How is the process 'A' currently getting an item from the queue, doing some processing and then putting it back on the queue for 'B' and 'A" to process again? If a copy of the data is put back into the queue, it will show up as a different queue item (different item id) so correlation may not be possible.

If you can provide a little more detail, I believe we can get to the bottom of this.

Wing Ling Leung
Senior Product Consultant
Blue Prism Professional Services

Hi Team, 

You can defer the item for a particular time. There is one action in work queues vbo i.e defer the item. Once you completed the process A that particular item will go back to work queue again. Then process B will pick and do the next processing for same case. 

Hope this helps you.. 

Omer

------Original Message------

Hello Prajjwal,

Can you provide some more detail on this situation? Normally when a queue item is taken from a work queue, it is usually processed and marked as completed or in exception. How is the process 'A' currently getting an item from the queue, doing some processing and then putting it back on the queue for 'B' and 'A" to process again? If a copy of the data is put back into the queue, it will show up as a different queue item (different item id) so correlation may not be possible.

If you can provide a little more detail, I believe we can get to the bottom of this.

Wing Ling Leung
Senior Product Consultant
Blue Prism Professional Services

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
If you're accessing the session log from the queue item, the double click will open the latest log. The earlier logs exist, but you'll need to open them directly from control room rather than from the queue. Eg, say the item was partially worked on Monday and Tuesday then completed on Thursday, then there will be 3 separate logs. Or, if the same item was worked by 2 processes on the same day, there will be 2 separate logs.

Conceptually a session log is a record of a process running on a machine, and within each log will be a trace of the queue items worked during that session (assuming logging is enabled).

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

Hi,

Can you tell from where exactly in the control room I can access the earlier logs?

Prajjwal Rai
Application Engineer
Schneider Electric Private Limited