cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging in control room

gouthamedara
Level 4
My process used to run well in the control room. I have two schedules. First one logs in in the morning. Second one will run the process till 6:30 PM and on completion triggers logout. For some reason it is not logging out. I tried to look into logs. After few minutes or hours logging stopped but the process is still running. This is weird and new. Sometimes it logs for hours and sometimes just minutes. If logging is not happening, does that affect conditions in the process?
7 REPLIES 7

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
It sounds like maybe something in your interface could be causing blue prism to hang? This can happen if Blue Prism interacts with an application such as sending a click event and never gets a response (something that can happen in any application but must comment in Java apps with model dialogs or in applications prone to crashing). Blue prism sends an event and never gets the response it needs. The latest version of Blue Prism have a timeout option in appliction modeller so that Blue Prism does not hang forever, instead it can throw an exception after a configerable amount of time that can be caought and handled by your process. Your issue may be something else, but this answer is a possibility...

Your reasoning is very plausible. But currently my process is on a dry run. No data will be processed. Instead it keeps on looping to get mail. Since no mail is available it keeps on looping till 6:30 pm in the evening. I logged into the VM to see what is happening and found out that listener has been disconnected. But in Control it is still showing running. Also since it is scheduled, I looked into scheduled logs too and it shows as still running. What boggles me is that this behavior is very new. The same process used to run quite well for the past two months. I am attaching listener picture for clarity.

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Unfortunately attachments do not work in this forum. We are going to have a new and improved portal forum next year that should be better. By listenner has been disconnected do you mean the resource pc is no longer connecting to the rest of the platform? If that is the case then control room can only report the last known status of the resource (as it could feasibly still be running headless). The resoruce will be showing in the databse as running a session, the next time the resource communicates with the database it should tidy itself up.

You are spot on about the listener. Should I raise this with my infrastructure personnel?

gouthamedara
Level 4
Dennis, If you can give me some insight into this, that would be great. I just want to know if this is a known issue or something I have to deal with Infra.

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Firstly, just make sure that your email polling logic is not simply hammering Outlook/Mapiex continually without any delays between attempts.  This would probably cause an issue with any application and will also probably fill your database session log table very quickly.  You probably already have, but I recommend a sleep of between 10 and 30 seconds after no emails are found before the next polling attempt. Secondly, listenter errors showing on the resource suggest a network issue to me.  That could be caused if you are hammering the database with constant polling and logging turned on - so do my first suggestion and also turn off logging.  If not that then you need to look into what other network issues there may be in your environment?   Lastly,  how do you put newlines into responses in this new forum?  I have tried syntax but it does not work?

gouthamedara
Level 4
Thank you dennis for you r inputs. I have actually created a sleep of one minute for empty runs. But I have not disabled logging as I am still putting components into production. But I will reduce the burden on that. As for new line, I have not tried that yet.