cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login Agent Error: Resource PC believes it is the pool controller, but it is not

MaurizioTranqui
Level 4
hi, i have a problem with pools and login agent.
To improve stability, the resource PCs are restarted every night.
After reboot the pool configuration appears not to work correctly. Checking for errors on the event viewer I get this message

BluePrism.AutomateAppCore.Resources.ResourceRunnerBase
[2022-07-25 08: 51: 52Z] Listener failed: Unable to update pool information. Resource PC believes it is the pool controller, but it is not

The consequence is that the resource is not usable by the scheduler.
Removing and reinserting the resource from the pool everything works again.

We run BP 7.1 version. I upgraded 10 days ago and this error appears randomly, i.e. not every morning is present on all machines

Someone can help me ? 
My work around is not use pool, but it is very uncomfortable

Maurizio Tranquilli
3 REPLIES 3

SteveBoggs
Staff
Staff
Hi Maurizio,

We don't recommend the use of Login Agent when also using Resource Pools for this reason. This is explained further in our documentation, "Can I use Resource Pools with Login Agent?" -- we would recommend review of this resource and to go another route if possible. There is a workaround provided if your requirements dictate this is necessary, but it is not officially recommended by us.

JacobClary
Staff
Staff
Hey Maurizio, I hope you are doing well. 

What Steve said was correct, but I did want to add a possible recommendation below if you do absolutely need a workaround.

As a workaround in this situation, we generally recommend to restart the PC. It is possible to set up a task to do a reset when this event pops up in the event viewer log, link here on what to do: https://www.coretechnologies.com/blog/windows-services/restart-service-when-event-reported/
Jacob Clary Senior Product Support Engineer Blue Prism

MaurizioTranqui
Level 4
Thanks for your answers
I don't think this article represents the problem I'm having.
I am not trying to start processes (certainly then the problem becomes evident when I try to start a process).
1. There is Pool 1 with 1 resource PC (for simplicity).
2. The resource PC is restarted
3. The login agent service is started (the resource PC is in the logout state)
4. BP server sees that resource offline (not logout but in red with retry timer for short)
5. Without doing anything from BP (I don't try to start any process). I check the windows events and find the error in question.
6 I remove and re-insert the resource in the pool and everything works (status of the resource PC is now logout)

I will try the solution of Clary, because in some case a new restart fix the problem.
thanks 
maurizio