cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login Agent Operation Timeout

Jun_XiangAng
Level 2
Hi,

I have a Login Agent process running daily before my main process. 

It fails randomly once in a week with Operation Timeout error. Is this a known issue? A quick search through multiple RPA forums suggest to restart the server when this happen. However, restart of server requires escalation in my client's operation process. Hence, restarting the server when this happens is not a solution.

Is there any other way to increase the resiliency of the Login Agent process?

Thanks!

------------------------------
Jun Xiang Ang
8 REPLIES 8

JerinJose
Level 10
Hi Jun,

check if there is any GPO changes happening which introduces ALT+DEL+CTRL for interactive logon or are there any logon messages (Disclaimer/ widows update pop up Banner)
which prevents the completion of login agent process. restarting the bpserver is not going to help you anyway.​

Jerin Jose
RPA Product SME
EY
Asia/Kolkata

Venkata_Pranav_
Level 6

I have had that issue as well. Login Agent failure seems to be completely random. I couldn't replicate that issue. There's no CTRL+ALT+DEL on our runtime resources.  As Jerin mentioned, there could be windows update popup banner which could've been the issue, as there was a timeout. But still, when I tried to login manually during that time, I couldn't find any windows update popups. 

It just started working after a brief hiatus. 

Pranav
Pranav

Hi Jerin,

Thank you for your reply. I am sending Secure Attention Sequence via the Login Agent, hence it should bypass the Disclaimer screen. 

Seems like I'm facing the same issue as Pranav. Is this a known issue in Blue Prism? 

Thanks both!

Jun Xiang Ang
Analyst
Accenture
Asia/Singapore

JesperHededam1
Level 5
We're experiencing issues with Login Agent failing to login due to timeout issues on Windows 10. Is this the same issue you're having?

Jesper Hededam
Developer
Codan
Europe/Copenhagen

Hi,

Yes, experiencing this issue. Login Agent doesn't work 100% of the time. This is causing us to hit Production issues and unnecessary Prod tickets as well.

Jun Xiang Ang
Asia/Singapore

WendyJohnson
Level 3
Hello,

Has there been any resolution to this issue. We are having the same random issue with Login Agent and are on Blue Prism Version 6.10.1 using LoginAgent5.0.23_x64 in RDP Nutanix devices.  The Login Agent process is terminating  -  ERROR: Exception : : The operation has timed out..  The required group policy settings are correct in the GPO.

Wendy Johnson
Sr. Solutions Engineering
Grainger
America/Chicago

@WendyJohnson,

you need to use the same version of login agent with the 6.10.1 installation. login agent installer can be found ​in the "C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate\Installers"

Jerin Jose
Technical Product Owner
EY
Asia/Kolkata
*"If you find this post helpful mark it as best answer, .*

Hi Jun,

There are a number of reasons for Login Agent to not work as expected and be inconsistent, these can range from inconsistencies on the machine itself to communication problems.

It is recommended to review the installation of login agent to ensure it follows best practice, guidance for this can be found below:
https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/bp-6-10/en-us/Guides/login-agent/login-agent-installation.htm?tocpath=Guides%7CLogin%20Agent%7C_____2

It is also recommended to ensure the port communication is not being blocked or picked up on any anti-virus/endpoint security checking and this should be reviewed.

The troubleshooting documentation for login agent can be found here:
https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/bp-6-10/en-us/Guides/login-agent/troubleshooting.htm

This should give some further steps as to why this is not working as expected inconsistently.

Kind regards,
Beau

Beau Bray-Deacon
Customer Support Analyst
Blue Prism
Beau Bray-Deacon Customer Support Analyst Blue Prism