cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Credential

Stephen.Jones
Level 5
Hello,

I'm attempting to change a password on a credential , but the following message is shown

'Failed to save credential - Could not encrypt data because the scheme 'Default Encryption Scheme' is invalid.'

Looking at the the encryption schemes settings page , it shows the following

'Default Encryption Scheme    <Unresolved Key>     Server        Available'

Now I have adopted this installation of Blue Prism on a company acquisition, and I am using the username and password that they have created for me to try and change the credential.  Do you think there is a link between my username and being unable to change a credential that was created before my username was created ??
3 REPLIES 3

Hi Stephen,

This error you will likely get if the encryption key scheme is not configured at your Application Server end. If you want to edit credentials from application server, then I would recommend you to create a new connection and point it to out to your enterprise Blue Prism Server using the BPServer utility in your Blue Prism installation file path.
----------------------------------
Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

----------------------------------

Stephen.Jones
Level 5
I'm not attempting to update the credentials on the application server , I'm updating the credentials from the Controller server.

Hi Stephen,

There are two potential reasons for this, these being the following:

1. You are using the server and not an interactive client. You have to use a BP Server connection to create a credential that uses a key which resides on the server. The client connection dictates what it has access to - if the key is on the server, then you have to use a server connection in order to use the key. Therefore, to create a credential using a key that resides on the server, you have to use a client connected via a BP Server connection.

2. The Encryption Scheme hasn't been defined and it had been left it as <Unresolved Key>, then the Credentials were entered.

From your description it would appear the encryption scheme has an unresolved key and this is the issue here.

It is recommended to review the online help for guidance on how to ensure this is configured as expected:
https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/bp-6-10/en-us/helpEncryption.htm?

Otherwise please do raise a ticket with the Blue Prism Support team, details on how to do this are below:
http://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/support-center#/path/1175294122

Kind regards,
Beau
Beau Bray-Deacon Customer Support Analyst Blue Prism