cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login Agent process using multiple Enviroment Variables

MichaelStephens
Level 2
Hello, We are currently using the Login Agent process that has been created by BP to log our robots in, this is currently run manually by my Controller each morning. I am looking for a way to automate the login process using the scheduler however, as we are using one process and have multiple robots to login, each with their own login credentials (for security reasons), I am not able to see a way to give that unique credential to the process when it logs in? As an example, Robot A would run login with credential set A, then run a process, then log out Robot B would run the same login process, but with credential set B and then complete its action. How can I get the different credentials to the same process at different times, especially when the main process runs after the Login process? I am wondering if I can use Environment Variables in some way to change which credential was used but I cant see how at this point? Hope this makes sense, any help would be appreciated Many thanks Mike
4 REPLIES 4

SteveBoomer
Level 5
Hi, Have you thought about using a separate schedule for each robot? You can then select the relevant credential per schedule/robot. Regards, Steve

MichaelStephens
Level 2
Hi Steve, Thank you for your response, what you have suggested sounds interesting. How would we pass the credentials to the robot's without completing them manually each time? when you use a separate scheduler if there a way of pre-selecting the credential the process needs in advance? Many thanks Mike

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
You should be calculating the credential name based upon the robot name or logged in user name - anything else is wrong.  The lifecycle orientation solution and Templates (you should always be using the template for your process build - it's the Blue Prism law 🙂  ) i think both show an example.    Attached is a credential process examples that I created to help your understanding

MichaelStephens
Level 2
Hi Denis, Thanks very much, I think you are correct, what we have done is made life complicated for ourselves. I am going to go and see if I can strip back the credential names to a more simpler and more gatherable data type, like Resource Name or User Name Many thanks