cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loop not accepting collection selected

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having trouble getting a loop to work with a collection. I have selected the collection on the drop down list under 'loop start' but when I then go back into it the collection has been de-selected immediately. Does anyone know why this would be?
5 REPLIES 5

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
I'm not sure what you mean by ""go back into it the collection has been de-selected immediately?"" - it might be worth revisiting the foundation training exercises on looping collections.  To go back into a collection on the current row of that collection you do not go to the start or end stage you go just continue your flow between the two, to restart your loop from row 1 you go to the loop start, to go to the next row you go to loop end.  Exactly what are you seeing that differs from this functionality.

I am experiencing the same issue.  In the Loop Properties of Loop Start stage, I would select a collection to loop.  When I run that process, I would get an error message: "Internal: Invalid Collection supplied for each loop."  I realized that the assigned collection was deselected and that is the reason for the error message.  I don't understand why the collection gets deselected after it's been assigned.

------------------------------
Sunshine Singh

Hello Emily - appreciate this post is an old one but I'm conscious it was never actually answered based on other responses.

A few questions from me, as I'm unable to replicate this at the moment:

• What version of Blue Prism are you using? (or has this been seen in multiple versions by this point?)
  • What is the name of the collection that you using?
  • Does this collection contain any data? If so, is there anything notable about the collection structure? (i.e. are you using nested collections within the collection, are you using a large number of any particular data type)
  • Have you tried deleting the loop stages and recreating it? (I doubt this will solve the problem, but it would probably rule out the processXML being corrupted in some way for this particular instance of this stage type being added to the process)

Thanks in advance!
Rob

Robert Nicklin
Senior Product Owner
Blue Prism
Warrington, England
Robert Nicklin Product Manager Blue Prism Warrington, England

I have this exact problem every now and then, we're at 6.5.1.

The collection name is nothing peculiar and can be as trivial as 'Item Data' or 'Customer Data'. In none of the cases did the collection contain a nested collection, they were either undefined or defined with simple columns. As the error in my case occurs while I'm developing something new in an existing process, it does not yet contain data, but has obviously already been defined in the process. 

As a remedy, I've noticed that clicking the required collection in the list and waiting a few minutes usually prompts the process to accept my choice. In other cases I closed the process, reopened it after which the problem did no longer occur.

I have not tried deleting the loop or collection and recreate them to see if this worked better. I'll keep in mind to try that next time.

Happy coding!
Paul
Sweden
Happy coding!
Paul, Sweden
(By all means, do not mark this as the best answer!)

Hi Paul,

I faced the similar issue in 6.10.1 and noticed that collection name has space character at the end. After deletion of the character, it worked fine. Please check if your collection name also contain any blank spaces.

Sahana Mohan
Solution Designer
Blueprism
Sahana Mohan Lead Software Engineer SS&C Blue Prism