cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAPIEx Email retrieval and Item Queue

jonathan_mak
Level 3
Hi, I had a few question I hope you could answer regarding MAPIEx. Question 1. I just got MAPIEx "List Mails Within DateTimes" working, however, this process is incredibly slow and I have already enabled Cache feature. Is this normal and are there other ways to speed it up? Question 2. From using "List Mails WIthin DateTimes" the main output is a collection of IDs. What purpose do these IDs serve? I want to be able to retrieve individual Emails but the "Get Email" action has no input for IDs. Maybe I'm not using it correctly. Question 3. Assuming I'm able to get a collection of Emails or put the IDs to use, would I be able to incorporate the Item Queue for emails? Thank you for your help.
2 REPLIES 2

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Question 1: I don't know the answer to this, cached mode has sped things up for me previously - it could just be you have an email server with slow response or poor network? The Mapiex interface is effectively the same that Outlook itself uses. Question 2: The Move Mail action has an ID input. So I think your logic would probably be get ids, loop them one at a time - moving each one to a sub process to be processed. Question 3: You should always be using a Blue Prism work queue for every solution you build. I don't think the ID would be a good key field (it is meaningless to a controller, or business process) and also I think the ID field provided by the Windows Mail API is not the most consistent identifier. I think you should reach out to your Blue Prism Delivery Enablement Manager or Trusted Advisor for design discussions around how best to interface with emails.

adityakumar2
Level 3
Jonmak: How to enable cache feature?