cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAPIEx - Send Mail

shahariar_k_bhu
Level 5
I'm trying to send a simple mail using the MAPIEx. on my process, i have one action stage; "Send Mail". This is using my Outlook profile (32-bit). The process runs, but Success data item is false, and I get this error message: "Failure in Send Mail function of Blue Prism Extended MAPI Automation. Failed to access outbox". It seems like the action is able to log in, and access message store (by looking at the code). however, it is not able to open Outbox. How can I fix this error? I am running BP as admin, Outlook is running in the background etc.
9 REPLIES 9

NandakumarJadav
Level 4
The profile being sent to the object might not be correct or the mail-box is not correctly setup on the system where robot is running, hence you will be getting this error.

FelixElias
Level 3
MAPIEx works with the profile itself. One requirement for MAPIEx is that the outlook application is closed. If you are running outlook in the background it will be the owner of the profile and you won't be able to perform any actions with it.

shahariar_k_bhu
Level 5
@jsnkrao, Hmm. I'll check out the profile details. The mail box is correctly setup I believe, I'm able to send emails from regular Outlook app. @felix.elias, I have tested with both Outlook application launched and closed, I still get the same error message.

@shabhu Did you check whether the default mail client is given as ""Outlook"" in user accounts or did you check the MAPIEx folder is in the 32 bit path program files instead of (program files X86)

shahariar_k_bhu
Level 5
@Iraj Accoring to Control Panel -> User Accounts -> Mail (32-bit) -> Show Profiles, the only profile listed is ""Outlook"". Also, the program files are located in 64 bit folder, because that's where Blue Prism is located. According to Knowledge Base, the installation files should be moved over there.

shahariar_k_bhu
Level 5
I think I managed to locate the root of my problem. I have two different computers, one running BP V5, and the other one running BP V4.2. The computer with BP V4.2 is a PC I'm borrowing from the client, and they still have licenses for 4.2. I just tested ""Send Mail"" on my personal work computer with BP V5, and it works flawlessly. I think the reason for why it does not work from client PC is due to security settings, it may not allow other third party software to access the email.

shahariar_k_bhu
Level 5
I will see if it's possible to set up different Outlook profiles with different mail addresses. If that does not work, I'm probably going for the internal email pop3/smtp VBO, using a Google mail or something.

andrei_popirda
Level 2
I don't know if that helps, but I had the same issues. I was trying to get it to work for like 3 hours, till I found out that in the Action Stage, I was mistakenly typing my e-mail address instead of the profile ""Outlook"". So... be careful 🙂

Felix,

Re: "One requirement for MAPIEx is that the outlook application is closed."

I just ran a BP Process on my PC that used MAPIEX to sent an email to my OUTLOOK, which was running the whole time.

------------------------------
Chad Dokmanovich
IT Architect
Fin IT
America/New_York
------------------------------