cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAPIEx | different Profiles with Username / Password

UsrAJ
Level 3
Hi @ll, Using MAPIEx for getting eMails and set up different Outlook Profiles for different (Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes) For example: Profile1 = Default Mailbox of current Windows User Profile2 = additional Mailbox of given Username & Password Getting Mails for Profile1 is working fine. But use same Action for Profile2, it will throw an error: "Failed to access message store" It's pretty sure because I can't set a Password before for Profile2. Looked at the Code: ' Initialise the extended MAPI interface 'Dim iErr As Integer Using mapi As New NetMAPI 'log into mapi mapi.Login(sProfile) It's only possible to mention the profile-Name, but not the Password. So how can I achive to get Mails with a different Profile/Password with mapi ?
8 REPLIES 8

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
You should be setting up the account you want to use within it's unique profile, and part of setting up that account will be the connection details for it (including username/password). Blue Prism then needs to reference the profile rather than the other credentials for that already set up account. Test you have set up your profiles and the accounts within them correctly by seeing if it works in outlook.

UsrAJ
Level 3
Hi Denis, thank you very much for your quick Response. The Issue is, that in Outlook both Profiles are working fine. B U T for Profile2 Outlook always pop's up the Login-Screen where I have to type in my Username/Password. Also if I check ""Remember my Credentails"" it's still asking again after Exit Outlook and Start Outlook again for Profile2. (Using Outlook 2007 on a 64bit System to MS Exchange Server.)

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Have you installed 32bit Outlook in your 64bit system - that is a pre-requisite for Mapiex?

UsrAJ
Level 3
yes, it's 32bit on a 64bit machine. Maybe I have to consider that profile2 is a different (windows-)User than profile1 ?

MarkusKrahn
Level 3
What happens when you set the Profile as Default?

UsrAJ
Level 3
nevertheless it's asking for Credentials if I restart the Computer.

UsrAJ
Level 3
found something in the internet: obviously it's not possible to login to another https exchange server with another password than the current active-Direcotry Login (windows login). Blue Prism has to be changed that MAPIEx is able to connect/retrieve more than one Mailbox with the same profile (like it already works in Outlook)

UsrAJ
Level 3
Any other Ideas or Proposals?