cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAPIEx embedded images in HTML

ChrisWiles
Level 3
I've been able to successfully send an HTML email using the latest MAPIEx VBO (HTML), however, I'm not sure how to show embedded images that were in the message.  I have tried attaching them to the message, but I'm not able to attach even a single .jpg or .gif (i.e. "C:\Temp\images\image001.jpg").  Does anyone know how to do this?  It would be great if HTML was an editor option in the Message body of the Send Email page. I know I can source the image some how with src=cid:image001.jpg, for example, but I get this error when even trying to attach one image: Failure in Send Mail function of Blue Prism Extended MAPI Automation. Failed to add attachment ("C:\temp\images\image001.jpg")
3 REPLIES 3

You can easily create your own HTML code where you upload an image. See this link for good examples how to create HTML code. https://www.w3schools.com/html/html_examples.asp

ChrisWiles
Level 3
I know how to upload images and link them in HTML... I'm wondering why the specific Send Email page on the MAPIEx VBO does not allow you to attach images to the email when sending it.

ChrisWiles
Level 3
In my testing, I was accidentally using quotes when the input field was already Text.  Removing them worked when I added the images as attachments and referenced them with the src=cid:image001.jpg, for example.  This made it really easy to embed images with MAPIEx HTML VBO.