cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAPIEx - "Get Mail" freeze

MichaelBerg_And
Level 3
Hi everyone.   I'm current struggeling with an issue with the MAPIEx VBO. We expierence that in 1/3 cases the "Get Mail" action freezes the process completely. There is no time-out, error message or anything alike. Whenever this happens, we are forced to access the ressource manually, close all applications and restart it. When the ressource comes back online BluePrism terminates the process.  If we instead try to use Immediate Stop, nothing happens. I've tried to search for a process or application on the ressource that stops responding, but that is not the case.   Any suggestions? Thanks in advance
3 REPLIES 3

ryanamiller
Level 5
We found that adding sleep stages (typically 10 seconds works) between multiple MAPIEx actions resolved a good portion of the automate.exe freezes we were experiencing I would also suggest investigating alternative options to interacting with email instead of the MAPIEx VBO.  We have found if unstable and unreliable in our environment.  I would look into writing an object using VB utilizing Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook

SamuelCole
Level 3
I have the same issue with sending emails, Automate.exe hangs after a random number of MAPIEx actions ( sometimes 200 , sometimes 2). I moved over to using the SMTP/POP3 object instead, it is much more reliable but had to add some code into the action to send HTML emails. On top of that I have not be able to modify the action to allow for embedded images (using ""cid:"" as the default attachment type is binary and when writing my own code it seems the BP liberies do not have the other content types available (I am pretty new to this and new to coding in C#)... This may not matter to you though and may be a viable replacment

MoumtaizNasser
Level 2
We had the same issue, sleeps stages do not work and eventually it would hang again . Our only solution was to migrate the accounts to Office365 and use Exchange Web Services (EWS) and build custom Business Objects. This works like a charm and have never had an issue since, you can also forward emails.