cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Outlook Email VBO - Advance Search By Size

NicholasRobbins
Level 3
I've been looking for how I can write a filter to extract emails by size. I cannot seem to find any information. Does anyone have any good resources?
3 REPLIES 3

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hi @Nicholas Robbins Leon,

On the Outlook VBO you should see 3 methods for retrieving emails:
  • ​Get Received Items (Basic)
  • Get Received Items (Advanced)
  • Get Received Items (Expert)
The Advanced and Expert versions allow you to supply either a filter (Advanced) or a DASL query (Expert). These allow you to limit or restrict the items that are returned. An example would be to limit the returned emails to those from a specific sender address or within a certain date range. I'm not sure if there's an option available for restricting by size though, but that's where I would start looking.

Cheers,

NicholasRobbins
Level 3
Hi Eric,

Thank you for taking the time to respond and for the information. I am aware of the actions that are available within the utility. My question is geared more towards if there is a resource I can utilize to write the Advanced filter to return Entry IDs that are greater than a specific size. I tried to perform this on my own, but was unsuccessful.

EmersonF
MVP
Hello Nicolas, I believe that today there is still no option to filter by size, given that 90% of the assets developed search only for the message ID that does not give us visibility on the scope of the email or its attachments, I believe that the best starting point would be what the colleague @ewilson detailed above ​
Sr Cons at Avanade Brazil