cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Outlook VBO- Get Emails by Sender using wildcard strings

PaulCurran1
Level 4

Hi,

Is there any VBO or action therein that allows a wildcard input from email sender to only return collection of mails that contain said sender string?

I'm aware email body and subject can use wildcard values but sender email must be exact match.

Anyone have this issue and found a solution?

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

Hello, my friend. I hope everything is going well with you.

Regarding the question asked, there are two possible approaches:

1. Utilize the MS Outlook Email VBO::Get Received Items (Advanced) activity, where it is necessary to specify the MAPI filter expression. For example: [From]='Mike Colleague' AND [unread] = True.

2. Obtain the list of emails, as you are already doing, and then use the Filter Collection, passing the appropriate arguments for collection filtering.

If I answered your question, please mark it as the "Best Answer." ------------------------------ [FirstName] [LastName] - https://www.linkedin.com/in/wagnervasconceloss/ Intelligent Automation Consultant [Country]

PaulCurran1
Level 4

@Wagner Vasconcelos

Thanks for the suggestion but that is our current solution and the problem is that its too time consuming due to the volumes of mails we receive.

We want to be able to reduce the total email volume first of all by identifying mails we don't need via wildcard sender string and deleting so that only the applicable mails remain and the get received items executes more quickly.

Currently we have a user manually identifying emails that aren't applicable via outlook advanced filtering who manually filters and deletes same.

Hope this makes sense