cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Outlook VBO

MayankGoyal2
Level 8
Hi,
The latest version of MS Outlook VBO present on DX portal is - digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/9648/solution/ms-outlookvblue-prism-utility. I have few questions on the same -

1) Is there any further update to this VBO with BP 6.9?
2) The link says this vbo works with office 2016, what if we have o365. Which VBO i need to use in that case?
3) Is there any extended version of this VBO?
4) I faced some stability issues with VBO when reading emails in a folder or when downloading attachments, any best practices suggested to make this VBO more stable?

------------------------------
Mayank Goyal
4 REPLIES 4

MayankGoyal2
Level 8
Adding one more point to it - 
I observed that MS Outlooo VBO refers outlook interop dll present in blue prism installation folder. I am not sure if we have a older version of BP installed like v6.4, then outlook interop dll that comes with installer is compatible with new office versions like 2016 or o365.
If not how do we arrange the latest version of this dll.
I believe with interop its possible to develop VBO without actually referring dll as well as we have for excel VBO, not sure why this dll is referred in VBO.
Any inputs are highly appreciated.

Mayank Goyal

@ewilson, @AmiBarrett - Hope you are doing good, if you have some inputs on this kindly suggest, will be very helpful to me. ​​​

Mayank Goyal

@Nilesh Jadhav, @Dave Morris - Kindly suggest if you have some inputs for this question.                     ​​

Mayank Goyal

david.l.morris
Level 14
1) That should be the latest version of the MS Outlook Email VBO, based on its last updated date and that it has a version number that says 6.8 on it, and I believe 6.8 was the last time that VBO was changed.
2) The VBO works with Office 365 as well. I imagine that it may just not be officially supported by Blue Prism if they haven't put it through sufficient testing on O365. However, I've definitely used it with that and experienced no compatibility issues. (There are some other issues you may run into though that aren't related to compatibility)
3) If there's an extended version, I'm not aware of it. There are other VBOs that can be used to send and receive emails, such as the NEOOPS one and the Agilify one, but those aren't exactly extended as they do not support all the same actions. They're just different. And personally I consider the Agilify VBO to be superior to every other email VBO out there, including the ones provided by Blue Prism.
4) What kind of stability issues? The two main issues I've encountered with the MS Outlook Email VBO are that the emails get stuck in the Outbox sometimes and Office 365 will periodically prompt you to reenter the user's password which locks the Blue Prism process until you handle the popup.

Dave Morris
Cano Ai
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA