cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail Merge

BarryBell
Level 4
Good afternoon, We are looking to automate one of our billing processes and as the last step, we need to send out the individual invoices to our client emails. There are thousands of invoices that will need to be attached to each email. 

Has anyone had experience using the Outlook VBO for such a task? I was thinking of mail merge but I have not tried to automate that process yet. 

Respectfully,

BB

------------------------------
Barry Bell
RPA Manager
DHGLLP
America/New_York
2 REPLIES 2

MadhurChopra
Staff
Staff
Hey Barry,

I am a little confused when you say "thousands of invoices that will need to be attached to each email". Are you intending to attach that many invoices to one (1) email or you mean thousands of emails need to be sent, each with an attachment?

In my response, I am assuming you mean the latter where you will be sending out thousands of emails, each with an invoice attached. Yes, it's definitely doable using the Outlook VBO. I would suggest creating an email template of your standard response and saving it as an HTML. You can then read it into a collection for processing. Thereafter, as you loop through processing each invoice, you can dynamically create a subject line, specify the attachments, the template and call action "Send Email" of the Outlook VBO. 

If you need to personalize each email say by addressing it to a person in the body of the email, you can manipulate the HTML in the collection. Overall, it's a fairly simple process =]

I hope this helps!

Regards.

Madhur Chopra
Sr. Product Consultant
Blue Prism - Professional Services
America/Los_Angeles

Hello Madhur. I did mean the latter and thank you. I will give your suggestion a try. 

Respectfully,

Barry

Barry Bell
RPA Manager
DHGLLP
America/New_York