cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mainframe Attach and Detach

yogesh_thupda
Level 3
I am trying to follow steps below for Attach mate Reflection Mainframe 1) Start 2) Kill process with Attach mate Emulator exe filepath. 3) Start a process with a path of saved session in rd3x format ( Generic HLLAP selected with Ehlapi32.dll path in application modeler) 4) Have used 'is connected' step with flag and kept a condition to check whether Bp is connected to Mainframe Yes : Enter Login details No : Attach step and then enter login details For the 'No' case the flow is working fine for first time but throwing the error " Application already launched" when run for second time again from Start. For 'Yes' case it is showing error "Failed to set text in host A - Invalid presentation space" every time. I can see that when we re-run the flow for the second time, the Bp is still note detached from the previous flow even though i have used the kill and start process in first two steps. Please help me out in the case.
3 REPLIES 3

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
I would start by not killing the Attachmate mainframe emulator. Treat it with love and always close it cleanly, you may be leaving a mainframe connection or dll in use in some way behind the scenes that is causing your already launched and invalid presentation space errors.

Can you suggest how to close the mainframe connection or dll which is in use behind the scenes.

Prabhakara_Kuma
Level 4
Attachmate is opening up an additional process called R8Win.Exe. Ensured same is closed along with attachmate mainframe. Still the attach is not consistent. The process seem to be working fine when machine is restarted. But, 2nd execution onwards it fails with same error.