cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mainframe Integration - Could not load the dll

I am using AVIVA Terminal emulator, which is hllapi compliant. I referred the article titled "How do I connect to my uncommon mainframe emulator" and followed the steps. Configured the DLL as whllapi.dll and calling convention as Windows API, found the DLL entry point using  Dependency Walker. I am getting - Could not load the dll error - whllapi.dll Attached is my application modeler snapshot. I also tried giving the full path to  whllapi.dll Using BP version 5.0.23
9 REPLIES 9

Mustafa_UlasYig
Level 6
Hi Vinodh_Kannan_Krishnan 1) Have you selected ""Generic HLLAPI"" or another option in ""Type of application""? 2) I would say you have to specify the full path to the whllapi.dll file in ""DLL Name"", not sure where you attempted to specify it. 3) In ""DLL Entry Point"" I would attempt with both ""winhllapi"" and ""hllapi"". 4) Try setting ""session type"" to ""standard"" if ""enhanced"" doesn't work. Hope it works. BR, Mustafa  

NarayanShrawagi
Level 6
Try without giving .dll . Also go to folder where dll is installed and check what is the exact name of dll file, give that name only. You can also refer Blueprism Tutorial on this, press F1 key once u login to blueprism, you will get tutorial, go to search icon and write mainframe, you will detail info on each parameter. Feel free to post here if still issues
Narayan

Hi Mustafa - Thank you for the response. I selected Generic HLLAPI and also tried specifying the whole path to the DLL file. Both ""winhllapi"" and ""hllapi"" did not work. Not sure how to do - Try setting ""session type"" to ""standard"" if ""enhanced"" doesn't work. The only option I get in Session Identifier is ""A to Z"". Hi Narayan - Yes tried the whole folder path with exact dll name without any luck

Mustafa_UlasYig
Level 6
Hi Vinodh_Kannan_Krishnan Which type of application have you selected, ""Generic HLLAPI"" or a specific mainframe? When selecting ""Generic HLLAPI"" you have the option of changing ""session type"". BR, Mustafa

Hi Mustafa - I have chosen Generic HLLAPI. I just checked, the session type option is present only in BP v6.0+, we are using BP 5.0.23

Mustafa_UlasYig
Level 6
Hi Vinodh_Kannan_Krishnan Perhaps you can try this trick, I know it is for a different terminal type, but give it a go: https://portal.blueprism.com/system/files/2017-09/How%20to%20configure%20Quick3270%20emulator.pdf ""Application Manager mode must be a setting to support 32-bit software (Embedded on a 32-bit OS, and External, 32-bit mode for a 64-bit OS)"" Perhaps the application manager mode is the reason for why it cannot connect, try out all the possibilities available. Otherwise I have no idea, then you might need to open a support ticket with BP support, if you have a support agreement, that is. Good luck. BR, Mustafa

Hi Mustafa - Thank you for the help. Yes, tried all combinations but no luck. When I tried the combination mentioned in the link you provided Automate.exe crashed, it kept crashing for all the attempts. BP support has asked to raise a product enhancement request

LisaWood
Level 2
We had the same issue with a different emulator. We had to copy the .dll file over to our Windows>SysWOW64 file and it worked.

Hello,

Any updates about this subject? i'm facing the same issue

------------------------------
Mohamed Boukahla
------------------------------