cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mainframe application- PuTTY emulator

RaivisLazdāns
Level 4
Hi, Has anybody encountered with this emulator on Mainframe? How do you spy it? Or code stages are needed in order to work with it? Thanks in advance!
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Goboflex, I have worked in putty application, I tried with Surface Automation but didn't worked properly while identifying the fonts. So I Copy the content as Clipboard and stored in data item as string and navigate to the screen positions via Global Send Keys. Please let me know if you need any help Mohammad

Hi Mohammad, Thanks for info. But have you tried code stages, are they working there?

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Before creating a new thread in this Forum I recommend using the Forum search feature first to see if you query has already been raised and answered. If you searcy for putty you will get a few results. Here is a copy of an answer I gave on another Putty thread: Putty is a feeware application, and as such it does not have any API connectors that can be used to interface with it. Your only option therefore is Surface Automation techniques, I recommend you read the Surface Automation of Mainframe Emulators guide in the learning area of the portal for some advice on how you might approach this. A better solution would be to use an Enterprise class terminal emulator that adheres to the hllapi API standards. Many terminal emulators also have telnet/http functionality, but because they are enterprise rather than freeware they adhere to interface standards.