cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manage Target Resources (Active Queues)

JohanLorentzon2
Level 3
Hello, Is there any way to make Target Resources automatically assigned to an active queue if there are any pending items in them?  Currently, I have to manually increase the number of Target Resources >0 for a queue item to be worked. As soon as the item has been worked, the number of target resources is reset to 0.  Basically, what I want to achieve is: When an item is added to a queue, i want it to be worked by the first available resource in the assigned Resource Group.   Thank you for your assitance
2 REPLIES 2

DaveMorris
Level 14
Active Queues has to be managed by a human. It's main purpose is to make it a little easier to spin up a bunch of sessions to work a single queue without needing to drag & drop in Control Room over and over. If I remember right, the Active Queues documentation indicates it's only useful if you have to spin up a lot of sessions of the same process to work the same queue. It does not really provide any more benefit than that. For what you describe, I think you'll want to look into Dynamic Scheduling: https://portal.blueprism.com/documents/standard?title=dynamic&category=… The problem with Dynamic Scheduling is that a lot of people look into it and give up on the concept because it take some preparation. I would have a conversation with  your team about it and consider carefully. There's also the option of using a 3rd party program (outside of Blue Prism) to check queues and start sessions whenever necessary.
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

JohanLorentzon2
Level 3
Thank you for your quick reply David. I see room for enhancement then, hopefully in BP ver. 7!