cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing Work Queue Items with Multiple Forms

hisham.siddiq
Level 3

Hey All,

I'm looking to get some help as I'm new to Interact and am currently designing a solution to send forms back and forth from the automation to the business, business to business (the automation being the carrier and sending the form in between them), and I basically wanted to know how you all dealt with work queue items since once you submitted the work queue, you can't defer and use the same work queue item for the next step of that process, for example. Automation sends business a form to inform them about new work, but now business wants to send it to another team or to the automation to do work, but this currently causes me to have two work queue items (with the same key value), with the former being marked complete. How can I go about using one work queue for the whole process flow?

Any help would be appreciated.

------------------------------
Hisham Siddiq
------------------------------
1 REPLY 1

joefarr
Staff
Staff

Hi Hisham

I would create a parent item when the first instance of the form is submitted to the queue. If you have a hidden field in your form called "ParentId" or similar, you can add the item id for the parent item which can link all the subsequent work items related to a case when you hit submit in Interact. That way, you can defer the parent Work Item when marking the child items as complete.

I hope that's clear and helps!

Cheers