cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapiex - Save emails as .msg files

Armando_Antonio
Level 3
is there a way to modify the mapiex code and add the functionality to save any email into a folder in a folder as .msg file?
10 REPLIES 10

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Hello Armando, Attached is a new Outlook VBO prototype for you to experiement with and expand as you wish.  It does not use Mapie, it instead uses an Outlook dll api.  There is a Save Item action within it.  NOW FOR SOME WARNINGS: First: I provide this to you 'as is' - it is an early prototype and therefore is not supported by us or our product team (but i know it has been used in at least one client project).  If you find any issues with using it please feel free to let us know here, but do not raise it with our support team who will not help you.  Second: this VBO requires a Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.dll file that is not installed by default with many Office installations so you may need to download and install 'Office Primary Interop Assemblies' from Microsoft.  Also, there is an External Reference to that dll path in the code options of the VBO which you would need to amend to point to where it gets installed on your computer.   Good luck, Den

Armando_Antonio
Level 3
Thank you very much.

Johan__Lüning
Level 2
Hello Denis! Is this prototype still under development? Just wondering if there is a newer version before messing around with the one you attached.

ryanamiller
Level 5
Hey Denis, echoing Johan's question, do you know where Blue Prism is with releasing the Outlook VBO?  Or do you happen do have any newer versions?

Jesus_DanielFre
Level 2
Hi Denis, Thank you very much for the Object! I have a question for you. Every time that I run one of the pages (e.g. Send Email or Get Received Items) this pop up appears. The run only continues after I press ""Allow"". Is this normal? Do I have to create an Object in BluePrism just to deal with this window?   Thanks in advance! Daniel

ryanamiller
Level 5
You have to update the Trust settings in Outlook to allow programmatic access.  A quick Google can find the steps to do so in the Outlook client.

ReemaKasliwal1
Level 3
is this prototype version of Outlook VBO compatible with outlook 64 bit?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've seen the new Outlook Email VBO is part of the recent 6.3 release.  Has the VBO been updated since the uncertified version referenced in this release?  If so, where is it available for download?  Thanks

MeghalVasa
Level 3
Need Outlook VBO compatible with outlook 64 bit