cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queue_Attempts_Report

SalmanAhmed
Level 4
Hi All

I have to generate report from queue.From queue BOT is trying twice for each case.

Ex: 

1st Attempt: Process terminated due to application latency

2nd Attempt: Process terminated because of unable to finfmd element.

In report i have to update both exception reason i.e 1st attempt nd 2nd attempt.

is there any possiblities I can achieve it from queue?

I tried Both scenarios but I am getting only recent updated exception i.e Attempt 2 exception.

Anyone have solution or anyone tried this scenario.

Thanks

------------------------------
Salman Ahmed
System Engineer
Asia/Kolkata
Salman Ahmed System Engineer Asia/Kolkata
2 REPLIES 2

JoakimEklund
Level 6
Hi Salman,

Have you tried setting the "Maximum Attempts" to "2" under System > Work Queues > YOUR_WORKQUEUE_NAME 
and
Setting the exception (when using the action "Mark Exception") input parameter "Retry" to "True"?

When using this solution the queue item currently locked by the process will be duplicated. So the current locked queue item is set to an exception and the newly created duplicate is pending in the work queue, ready to be picked up by the process. This way you'll be able to see what happened with the first attempt and the second attempt of a specific queue tiem in the Work Queue (and therefore in the report).

Best of luck!

Best Regards,

Joakim

Joakim Eklund
Senior RPA Developer
Swedbank AB
Europe/Stockholm

DaveMorris
Level 14
As far as I know, using the Work Queue internal business object actions, you can only retrieve the Exception Reason from the latest attempt of an item since they all have the same Item ID. However, if you really want that data, you can query the BP database. If querying the DB is not an option, then you could consider sending the work queue data out to an outside logging system or even just a text file to see how it would work each time a queue item is marked as an exception.

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA