cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queue_Attempts_Report

SalmanAhmed
Level 4
Hi All

I have to generate report from queue.From queue BOT is trying twice for each case.

Ex: 

1st Attempt: Process terminated due to application latency

2nd Attempt: Process terminated because of unable to finfmd element.

In report i have to update both exception reason i.e 1st attempt nd 2nd attempt.

is there any possiblities I can achieve it from queue?

I tried Both scenarios but I am getting only recent updated exception i.e Attempt 2 exception.

Anyone have solution or anyone tried this scenario.

Thanks

------------------------------
Salman Ahmed
System Engineer
Asia/Kolkata
Salman Ahmed System Engineer Asia/Kolkata
6 REPLIES 6

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Salman - in the Work Queues object there is an action called Get Report Data, and one of it's inputs is called Treat Each Item Separately. The output from the action is a collection of item IDs, from which you should be able extract the exceptions of the retried items.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism
Europe/London

​Hi John

I have tried with input "Treat each attempt separately",  In collection I am getting only recent updated values, i.e Attempt2.

Any possibilities I can both attempts?

Salman Ahmed
System Engineer
Asia/Kolkata
Salman Ahmed System Engineer Asia/Kolkata

Are you getting 2 different IDs for each item? If you are, I would expect using Get Item Data for each ID would pull separate exception reasons. I'm only going off memory though - I'd need to try it again.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism
Europe/London

@John Carter
I thought the same thing, so I tried it yesterday. If you input 'True' for the 'Treat Each Item Separately' parameter, it does affect the output but only as far as the Count of items. When it outputs the Item IDs collection, the multiple attempts of an item are combined into a single Item ID.

For example, if you expect the Get Report Data to return 12 items from the queue and 3 of those items came from the same item but are Attempts 1, 2, 3... and you set True to Treat Separately, then the Count of the items will be 12 and the Item IDs collection will only have 10 Item IDs.

Another odd behavior that I noticed was that when you mark an item as an exception, you can output the New Item ID, but it is the same as the old Item ID. Perhaps this is a legacy feature. Did it previously return a unique ID for each attempt on an item?

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

Hmm thanks David, I've just not remembered it correctly - the ID is the same for all retries. I think the ident field is a later addition to the BPAWorkQueueItem table but unfortunately that isn't exposed to us.

31482.png
So it seems the answer to the original question is that you can't get to the historical retry exception reasons.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism
Europe/London

PrajyothiPP
Level 2
Hi Salman,

Instead of using blue prism queue retry go for custom retry mechanism.
My thought is ,if you find exception after marking it as exception again add the same item to queue using add to queue action so it will generate a new entry in the queue. So for while generating report you will get all the tries.

Prajyothi PP
System Engineer
Tata Consultancy Services
Indian/Banglore