cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing ResourcePC

EricLiu
Level 5
Hi,

I have a question about the resource PCs. From time to time one or some of my resourcepc goes missing connection in the control room. When I log into those pc to check the status, I can see the icon of resourcepc is gone. I have to use CMD to launch it again manually.

Does anyone else has similar experience like this? Is there a way to find out why does automate.exe stopped working? I have check Windows Task Manager and have not find anything useful...

Thanks!

------------------------------
Eric Liu
RPA Developer
America/Toronto
3 REPLIES 3

jegendra
Staff
Staff
Hi Eric,

To identify the cause of the issue please investigate through the following Windows Event Logs on target workstation that is running the Runtime Resource.

• Blue Prism Event Logs
  • System Event Logs
  • Application Event Logs 

Jega Avinasinathan
Customer Support Engineer
Blue Prism
Jega Avinasinathan Customer Support Engineer Blue Prism

Hi Eric,

Are You using task scheduler to launch Runtime Resource Agent? If yes then please check task settings - for example You may have set it to stop after couple of days as per attached screen.
29771.png

Best regards
Michal Szumski

Michal Szumski
RPA developer
Rockwell Automation
Europe/Warsaw

Hi Michal,

Thank you so much for this information!!! I have fixed this setting for the runtime resources. However, it is still somehow suspicious that our resourcepc goes missing with a period of 7 days... I even created a dummy scheduler task that runs every 30 minutes try to pin point a time slot that this happens. So far it only happened three times and I do not have a steady time slot yet.

But still, thank you so much! This solution seems very promising.

Bests,

Eric

Eric Liu
RPA Developer
America/Toronto