cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from 6.4 to 6.10. Any version issues that I might have or need to be aware of?

ZatomG
Level 3
Hi everyone, we are planning to move from BluePrism 6.4 to 6.10. Do we need to be aware of any specific topics so that we don't get any surprises? Any Suggestions and experience are highly appreciated!

------------------------------
Neal Gurung
8 REPLIES 8

ErinConnerley
Level 4
Off the top of my head, pay attention to locks, the new version removes them after it is done.

Erin Connerley
Automation Consultant
Agilify Automation
America/Indiana/Indianapolis

lookman
Staff
Staff
Hi Neal.

Please check out the upgrade notices: Upgrade notices (blueprism.com)

You'll have to log into the portal to see them. They have information on upgrading to 6.10.x. You'll notice a section on "Upgrading from versions prior to 6.5". Take a look there to start.

Cheers

jack

Jack Look
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism

@ErinConnerley Thank you for your response! ​​

Zatom G

@Jack Look Thank you for your response. Will definitely check the upgrade notices​

Zatom G

Hi Zatom.
I hope you find everything you need.
jack

Jack Look
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism

diane.sanzone
Level 7
Hi Zatom,

We did a similar upgrade in my environment and had some issues with the changes to the way Chrome attaches and detaches.  I think BP Support fixed it and provided updated files in the 6.10 release package so you should be ok now, but we did struggle with it for a while.  Detach didn't always work the first time so we had to use retry loops to confirm detach. Also, there are a lot of changes to functionality (for the better!) so as other people said, definitely look at the release notes.  You might also see some of your wait stages now throw "errors" in the error checker, but if you just recreate them exactly as they are they'll work. I also think the "Automatically resolve" button works, too, but it's been a while so I'm not 100% sure.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Diane Sanzone

@Diane Sanzone Thank you for sharing your experience. It really helps!​

Zatom G

AndreyKudinov
Level 10
There is a weird heisenbug with work queue untag that sometimes throws an exception "This SqlTransaction has completed; it is no longer usable." Only seems to be happening with multiple workers. Not easily reproducible. This can be simply retried, but it is a bit annoying if you have many of them.

Andrey Kudinov
Project Manager
MobileTelesystems PJSC
Europe/Moscow