cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ms Outlook VBO forward does not keep copy in Sent

Thabang
Level 3
Hi,

why does the Ms outlook VBO forward email NOT keep a copy of the forwarded emails in the Sent Items folder? Does anyone know how i can make it to store copies of emails i forwarded in the sent items folder?

thank you

------------------------------
Thabang
5 REPLIES 5

KotaSuto1
Level 5
Hi Thabang,

In my environment (Blue Prism v6.10, Outlook v2012 build 13530.20528),  forward mails using MS Outlook Email VBO are copied to the sent items folder, 
Just in case, would you check Outlook settings referencing below article?
Emails that you forward are not saved in the Sent Items folder in Outlook
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/troubleshoot/email-management/emails-that-you-forward-not-saved-in-sent-items

If it doesn't be solved although you do this,
there is a possible that this matter occurs only in a certain version of Blue Prism, Outlook application or the combination of them.

Kota Suto
Japan

Thank you for your response, I will check and get back to you 🙂

Thabang

Thank you Kota,

It was a setting on my Outlook.

Thabang

Hey Thabang,

Was this setting only in effect while using VBO or is it something impacting irrespective of VBO usage? please throw some light.

Prashant Boga

Hi Prashant,

This also occured outside of Blue prism, but i only realized this after Kota's response.

So I'm getting emails from a shared mailbox / group box (using the Get emails action), then forward them to a different person. To resolve the issue, They had to enable COPY ITEMS SENT as this Mailbox on the 0365 Admin console.

This was never a blue prism issue.

Thabang