cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple runtime resource on different ports needed for each process running via scheduler?

RaghavGupta
Level 4
I have 2 processes and both are scheduled to be run every 1 minute on the default port as in Terminal I give the command on the installation directory - Automate.exe /public /resourcepc

Also I have exposed a object and I think by default it uses port 8181 for web service.

So should I use different port for each process as both of them are scheduled to run every 1 minute?
Example for 1 process port 8182
For 2nd process port 8183
Object being exposed is by default using port 8181

------------------------------
Raghav Gupta
4 REPLIES 4

james.man
Staff
Staff
Whether it is possible to run more than one process simultaneously on the same machine depends more on the "Run Mode" of the Objects which in turn affect the Run Mode of the Process itself.

Details on the Run Mode can be found here:
http://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/support-center#/path/1158890262

or the Run Mode Guide, found here:
https://portal.blueprism.com/system/files/documents/Run%20Modes%20Guide_1.pdf

So, we set the appropriate Run Mode in our Business Objects, based on whether multiple instances of those Objects can be run simultaneously.  A Process' Run Mode is the "highest" Run Mode of all of its Business Objects, where Exclusive > Foreground > Background.

If either of the two Processes are using the same Objects, then you should check the Run Modes before deciding whether it is possible to run them on a single machine at the same time.

Besides the Run Mode, you also need to consider whether your Objects need to be foregrounded to be function properly.  If that is the case, then it may be difficult to run the processes simultaneously on the same machine.

Licensing-wise, running two processes on the same machine will still use up two Blue Prism licenses.

James Man
Professional Services
Blue Prism
Asia/Hong_Kong

@james.man, can't we run 2 different processes on same port? Isn't there a run modes for processes like objects have? ​

Raghav Gupta

Hello,

The way to achieve running multiple processes on the same machine requires starting multiple Runtime Resources on that machine, on different ports.  Unfortunately, running multiple processes concurrently on a single port is not possible.

More details can be found in this Support Center article:
https://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/support-center#/path/Automation-Design/Studio/Object-Design/1140182252/Can-I-run-multiple-Processes-in-parallel-on-one-Runtime-Resource.htm

James Man
Professional Services
Blue Prism
Asia/Hong_Kong

@james.man, I found out that you can run multiple processes concurrently on a single port if all the processes are in background mode which is determined by the run mode of the object which it refers to.​

Raghav Gupta