cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Must processes be scheduled with the same user with which the processes will be run?

PascalWeber
Level 3
Hi all,

I have a question regarding scheduling processes with several/different users:

In our environment I recognized the following: We have one Runtime Resource on which we want to run several processes. For each process a different user have to be loged on to the Runtime Resource. This works all fine when scheduling every process with the user that is supposed to run the respective process. But it does not seem to work when we schedule a process with a different (admin) user, even if we still use the correct user in the Login Agent.

That means, whenever we want to perform bigger changes in our schedule, we have to log in to the Runtime Resource with every single user for which we want to change the schedule of the processes. It would be much easier to be able to perform such changes in the scheduler with one single admin user.

Is this a common problem or might there be an option we set wrong?

Thanks for your help!

Kind Regards
Pascal

------------------------------
Pascal Weber
4 REPLIES 4

CharlesTrott
Staff
Staff
Hi Pascal, 

A few questions come to mind about this, What version of BP are you running and do you have Multi-Team environments configured? At first glance it sounds like there's some kind of conflict between permissions and configuration of your schedules that is preventing a more administrative approach to executing your schedules. Are you getting any additional failure/error messages that you might be able to share when this executes?

Ideally, the schedule/users should have access to the appropriate processes, and based off what you've described, it sounds like you proceed through a series of actions from "Login as user X, wait, Perform Process X, Log out, Wait, Login as user Y, wait, Perform Process Y, Log Out, wait, ... N+1"

Charles Trott
Senior Product Consultant
Blue Prism

Hi Charles, 

thank you for your reply. I will try to cover your questions: 
- the BP version is 6.6
- the environment is configured for several teams, with every team (besides the admins) only having access to their specific processes and objects 
- there are no additional error messages, the processes just do not run (not even the Login Agent process for logging in a user)
- yes, the described series of actions are what we are doing in the environment, but we are not able to schedule the processes via the admin users. As described we instead have to schedule every process with the respective user that is supposed to run a process. 

Pascal Weber

Hi Pascal,

Could you provide some additional detail on what you mean when you say "the user that is suppose to run the respective process"? Can you provide an example using sample Process Controllers, Process Names, and Digital Worker (ie. user used to log into RR) Credential?

Since you mentioned that this is a Multi-team environment, I am wondering if the "different (admin)" user has permissions to all of the Blue Prism objects (Processes, RRs, Credentials in Blue Prism Credential Manager, etc.)

Wing Ling Leung
Senior Product Consultant
Blue Prism Professional Services

Hi, 

when I said "the user", I meant the windows user of the bot. 

Example: 
There are two departements (DepA and DepB). The process of DepA is called ProA and the one for DepB ProB. For running ProA, the Login Agent logs in the Windows user BotA, for ProB it is BotB. 
This setup only works, when also scheduling ProA (and the Login Agent) with BotA and ProB with BotB. When using any other user for one of the automated processes, the respective process does not run (even if the additional user has permissions on all of the processes, objects, etc. 

I hope this additional info makes the issue more understandable. 

Pascal Weber