cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MySQL Connection with SSL

Carlos_Medina
Level 3

Hello everyone,

I'm facing a problem where I need to connect to a database using the utility Connector for MySQL Utility - 1.1.0, but the database that I'm trying to connect have SSL certificate turned on, how could I modify the MySQL object to input the cert, key and ca file to open the connection on the database?

------------------------------
Carlos Medina
RPA Developer
2 REPLIES 2

kez2fab
Staff
Staff

Hello Carlos,

just came across your post which is a few days old.

I'm not sure if you have been able to figure out how to modify the MySQL Object to allow for SSL certificate connection or not.
There are several options available to you and it will depends on how your environment has been set up.

You can find more information that describe the various options available to you on this page: MySQL Connector/Net connection strings.
Based on your description, I think the option "SSL with a file-based certificate" maybe the option for you.
Simply amends the connection string in the Object accordingly.

Hope this helps.

Anthony Ringot
Customer Support, Team Manager, APJ
Blue Prism
Australia / Sydney / Australia

Hello Anthony,

Yes, I was able to accomplish my problem using the Connector for ODBC Utility Blue Prism to be able to customize my connection string as your website suggests.

It was much easier and was very helpful while customizing my connection string for the database that I needed to connect to.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Carlos Medina