cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need an explanantion of Read Table using cell reference of Webpage

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,
Can anyone explain the workflow of the following concept. I am a bit confused how to implement.

Link: BP Travel - Search Results (blueprism.com)

35571.png
35572.png 

1 BEST ANSWER

Helpful Answers

Hi Ekram Shihab,

In this screenshot set Row Added Value was False - If this flag is True then we are using coll  VBO, Action- "Add rows"
Here we are looping each row one at a time and set the Flag Row added as False to avoid adding multiple rows in the collection.
35569.png

2) Inthe below screen shot  Add rows result is False  then we are adding the row in the result collection  using COll - Add rows and  set the Row added Flag as True
and loop each column(Row added flag was true that mean it will not add adiitional row till it completes all the values in the coll) in that particular row in the bp travel site  and  read the value and store in the collection

35570.png

In short
Row added Flag was used to avoid adding multiple rows in a collection when we are reading each column value in a row
Add Row to result is adding row in to coll - result 
Set ROw/COlumn value was actually reading each cell value.

-----------------------
If I answered your query. Please mark it as the Best Answer

Harish Mogulluri

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Ekram Shihab,

Based on the BP travel screen and code snippet - the code is trying to read each cell value at a time

Before going to the step1 mentioned in the bp travel screenshot
If you look in to the Below screenshot
a) TD(1), TD(2)...... in html path it represents standard data cell/column(refer  - "HTML td tag (w3schools.com)")
b) TR(1),TR(2) .... in html path represent row
in order to read each cell in a table need to iterate each column and each row(i.e each cell in a table  to get the value)
35567.png
as mentioned to read each cell - we need to read each cell at a time by giving row and column value appropriatley 

Initializing Current row and Current column values are zero
Step1:Add 1(Current Row +1) to the current Rowvalue
Current Row Values will be  chnaged to "1" from zero.
Step2: Add1 (current column +1_ to the current COlumn data Item.
Current column value will be chnaged to zero from 1
Stpe3:  Assuming one of the cell value was already spied and make the html/web path selectd as dynamic value in app modeller - Need to append the row and column value in the html path appropriately -  this step will actually read the cell value

The above steps will repeat until no more columns and rows exits in the table.  in thhe it will throw exception and resume then eventually navigate to the end stage.

-----------------------

Harish Mogulluri

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Harish M, 

Thank you very much for your explanation. I have some other confusions. What happens in the yellow highlighted stages of the workflow? Can you explain a little bit about that? 

Or you can create the same workflow and share it with me. Then I can take a look at it.

35568.png

Hi Ekram Shihab,

In this screenshot set Row Added Value was False - If this flag is True then we are using coll  VBO, Action- "Add rows"
Here we are looping each row one at a time and set the Flag Row added as False to avoid adding multiple rows in the collection.
35569.png

2) Inthe below screen shot  Add rows result is False  then we are adding the row in the result collection  using COll - Add rows and  set the Row added Flag as True
and loop each column(Row added flag was true that mean it will not add adiitional row till it completes all the values in the coll) in that particular row in the bp travel site  and  read the value and store in the collection

35570.png

In short
Row added Flag was used to avoid adding multiple rows in a collection when we are reading each column value in a row
Add Row to result is adding row in to coll - result 
Set ROw/COlumn value was actually reading each cell value.

-----------------------

Harish Mogulluri