cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help to work with uris

NarasimhaPeddir
Level 3
Hi,   I want to connect a protected shared drive and read the files from there. So I need help here as how to do this?   Thanking you in advance. Regards, Narasimha Reddy P
5 REPLIES 5

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
If the shared drive is protected - are you saying you do not have access to it?  The first step would be to contact IT and request access.  Then map the network drive and simply use the utility - file management VBO.

NarasimhaPeddir
Level 3
Hi Denis,   Thank you for quick response. I have the access to the shared drive which is using through some url.  Please let me know how to map the drive?   Thanking you.   Regards, Narasimha Reddy P

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Drive mapping is a windows os feature, do an internet search of how to do it.  If in doubt contact your IT department to ask for help mapping a network drive.

NarasimhaPeddir
Level 3
Hi Denis,   Thank you for your response.   Sorry for the miscommunication and I want to connect to a web site where we have the shared files not the network drive.  Please let me know for connect to a web site and read the files from there? Thanks, Narasimha Reddy P  

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Hello Narasimha, So long as you have taken the Foundation Course training and read the Browser Automation Guide you should have everything you need to be able to interface with a web site.  If not I would recommend reaching out to whoever is training/enabling your team.