cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Forms Field

AmbrogioCrivell
Level 5
Hi everyone,
i need to create a new field in the Form Request, specifically i need a "Download Button".
Can i create a custom field? Exist a way?
Does this field already exists? 

If it's not possible to create it, do u know if could implement this feature in the future by BluePrism with the next release?
4303.png

------------------------------
Ambrogio Crivelli
RPA Developer
Capgemini
Europe/Rome
5 REPLIES 5

DannyMajor1
Staff
Staff
Hi Ambrogio,

In relation to the 'download' button - what are you expecting the end user to download? Is it for example a static file that you want all users to access?

Thanks,

Danny Major

Hi Danny,
Exactly!
One most popular example could be a particular template that the user will be use to compile a file Excel.
Could be develop this feature in the future?

Ambrogio Crivelli
RPA Developer
Capgemini
Europe/Rome

Hi Ambrogio

It's not possible at the moment. As a workaround, you could use a text field and a link to the pathway you would like the user to download from. The link would not be a hyperlink, however, so would require the user to copy and paste. 

Alternatively, you could have a Digital Worker add the upload in the background and a human worker could then go to the submission history to see the form with a download field. I've added both options to a form below:

4296.png

I don't think that either of these will suit your needs but I think it's a great idea. Please could you add it to our Ideas Portal and let me know when you have done so? You definitely have my support!

Thanks

Joe Farr
Product Consultant
Blue Prism Limited

Hi Joe, 

Is there not a new feature in 4.2 for the digital worker to upload a file to a form. Wouldn't the user be able to download the file that was uploaded to Interact by Blue Prism?

Marshall Mclane
Automation Developer
Capital Group
America/Los_Angeles

Hi Marshall

You are absolutely correct, you could have the file uploaded from Blue Prism and a user would be able to download.

I think that Ambrogio would like to take this further be able to add a file to a form as you would an initial value in a text field, and then it would appear for every user before the form is submitted to Blue Prism for a Digital Worker. I can definitely see that this would be useful.

Joe Farr
Product Consultant
Blue Prism Limited