cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to Spy the elements in the region mode for the Java web application

RakeshParla
Level 3
Hi All, We have web page built on java (.jsp), while launching the URL we are getting a java popup to download "PAI Application Deployment" with Run and Cancel buttons. Clicked Run and continued to load the other page, where we need to spy. We are not able to spy application it in HTML mode, Region mode and AA mode. Getting error message "There was any error during the spying operation". Tried surface automation as well, since region mode is not working we couldn't proceed with surface automation. Please help me with a solution or any alternative way of achieving this. Regards, Rakesh Parla.
3 REPLIES 3

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Have you tried experimenting with ensuring you are attached to the correct windows process? Maybe try attaching in a new/seperate object with different child index values until you are attached to a process where the windows interface works.

RakeshParla
Level 3
Thanks Denis Dennehy for the reply. We tried the following but still not getting the right results: Properties of Attach in Navigation Stage: • Changed Window Title to “Actual Title*” and ""Actual Text"" • Tried with Window Tile Collection property • Changed “Windows Process Name” in Application Model to upper and lower cases (IEXPLORE). • Tryied changing “Tab Index” to 0 and 1.

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
There are some Java test tools called Java Ferret and Java Monkey distributed with Java Access Bridge 2.0.2 (downloadable from Oracle). I can recommend getting these tools installed in your environment so that you can check to see if JAB is correctly installed and working for your appliation (i.e. is this really a Blue Prism issue or is it a JAB issue). If it is a JAB issue then you will need to experiement with your installation of JAB (different JAB versions/64-32bit/manual install/etc/etc - there is lots of help on the knowledgebase). If you cannot get JAB working with your application then Surface Automation would be the only option. If the JAB test tools show that JAB is installed and working correctly, but your Blue Prism interface is not working - then I would recommend contacting our support team.