cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to call VBO that contain CMD into process

SunilHarikaran_
Level 3
As mentioned in alternative approach in following link https://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/knowledge-base/how-do-i-run-something-command-line-blue-prism I am trying to make command prompt VBO which will have action : LAUNCH, WRITE, TERMINATE It works fine within object, but when I try to call it from process, it fails to attach to CMD and shows NOT CONNECTED. I have done following steps for VBO 1. Create Object with option : Windows, Attach to instance already running 2. In LAUNCH page invoke cmd through ACTION(Utilty Enviornment). 3. In NAVIGATE stage ATTACH to VBO, I have kept all input fields empty. Guide on which step am I going wrong
5 REPLIES 5

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Sun - with the Start Process action in the Utility Environment object you don't also need a CMD object. The utility object should work on it's own. Try running Start Process with these inputs.Application = C:\Windows\System32\Notepad.exe Arguments = C:\Temp\MyFile.txtOrC:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe and www.google.com

UTKU_CANGULEN
Level 2
Hi, I believe ""Utility - Environment"" business object is predefined in blue prism. Currently I don't know how but it doesn't exist in our system. Can you tell us where we can get it? Thanks

TetsujiJunicho
Level 9
Hi ""BPA Object - Utility - Environment"" exists in installed directory. For 64bit: C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate\VBO For 32bit :C:\Program Files (x86)\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate\VBO Hope it helps.

UTKU_CANGULEN
Level 2
Hi tjunicho, That really helped. Thank you so much.

ArchanaSepuru1
Level 3
How to write data to CMD