cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to spy controls inside iFrame

AjayKumar8
Level 2
Hi Team, I am working on one application that i built in java. It is a web application. It is using IFrame in HTML. Whenever i am trying to spy any button or textbox inside this application then the BP tool is not able to spy that element. Request you to please look into the issue and provide support. Thanks & Regards, Ajay
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Install Java access bridge and enable it in the Control Panel. This should work.

Hi Roshan, Thanks for your response. I followed the same steps as you have mentioned. After enabling java access bridge it is giving one more option to spy java application. But still not identifying an element. I tried all the possible mode but in none of the mode it is spying any control on the page. Still not able to spy an element. Please suggest and help.

KedarKulkarni
Level 2
IFRAME is used to embed contents from another source. So, one of the ways would be to retrieve the source url from the IFRAME attribute and use it to open the source url and then spy/use the elements on the target page.

Can you make an example? I have the same issue, and even though JAB and all of that works with the dummy Java App, it does not work within IE. The App Modeller is flat-out unable to spy anything within IFrame (obv, also not in Java Mode)...

AnkitRawat1
Level 2
Hi facing same issue did you get any solution for this. Will be very helpful.. Thanks

BrianChristense
Level 3
If you during the Spying process ctrl+click on the url that loads the iFrame, the contents of the iFrame will typically open in a new tab/window. There you can compy the direct url to the iframe contents so you can essentially work around the iFrame. iFrames are something the devil created in anger.  

​Hi Brian,  Can you elaborate on the ctrl+click during spying process for the IFRAME. in my application the IFRAME URL is not exposed and unreachable without different credentials than I have been given. so direct access to the secondary URL may not be an option.

------------------------------
Steve Scarfo
Senior Systems Programmer
Liberty Mutual
America/New_York

ManjulaD
Level 2

Hi Ajay,

Am also facing same issue , if you resolve this issue Could you please post the Answer.

Manjula DManjula D