cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to use "Write To" operation on text box

BharratK_Mohan
Level 3
I have spied a text box in an windows based application (using accessibility mode) When I try to perform Write to operation, it returns the below error :- "Value does not fall in the expected range" Hence I used alternative approach : Use focus, and send global keys to fill the text box with value. But the problem here is, it gets appended to any existing values in text box. Is there anyway I could overcome this issue? I basically need to overwrite my desired value on the text box.
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi bharratmohan, In your alternative appro, you can do one thing, clear the text box before entering the values using GSK, e.g ""{HOME}{DEL 10}""&[Data_Item] this will delete 10 (char,no whatever) (you can adjust the value according to your need) hope this helps 🙂

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi bharratmohan, In your alternative appro, you can do one thing, clear the text box before entering the values using GSK, e.g ""{HOME}{DEL 10}""&[Data_Item] this will delete 10 (char,no whatever) (you can adjust the value according to your need) hope this helps 🙂