cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCR spying PDF Acrobat DC

dcastronovo
Level 2
Hi all, I'm trying to use OCR with Acrobat Reader DC but when i use spymode (all modes) Blue Prism gives me an error System.ApplicationException: The window spied was not found in the model in BluePrism.AMI.clsAMI.Spy(clsElementTypeInfo& elementType, List`1& identifiers) in Automate.frmIntegrationAssistant.HandleSpyOrLaunchClick(Object sender, EventArgs e) A collegue with a different version of Acrobat has no problems. Is it a Acrobat version problem? thx!
7 REPLIES 7

Make sure the pdf is visible on the screen when you try to read it, also in your process, you could add wait stage to check for a button or whatever in your reader application so you can ensure that the program is opened at the time OCR should start, because sometimes the OCR starts while the program is still starting up and the text not readable, sometimes giving errors. Did this work for you?

dcastronovo
Level 2
The issue comes before executing the process (process is very simple: just one read block). Entering application modeler, i can't add any element and i can't identify text region. Actually i cant identify any button of acrobat application (even in win32 mode or accessibility mode) Thx again

dcastronovo
Level 2
Solved using Foxit reader. The new Acrobat Reader DC does not work with spy mode.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Dario, The issue is because the Acrobat reader v 10 and above runs 2 process at a time . Check the below url, it should solve your issue. https://blueprism.knowledgeowl.com/help/the-window-spied-was-not-found- Regards Vishrut

SreedharanKatta
Level 2
Hi All I am facing same issue what mentioned above but i am unable to reslove this issue please help on this Thanks in advance

AndrewWatts
Level 3
Have you got a solution that is visble without having to sign up to another website.   Regards

JohnMonastra
Level 3
Hi. This is what worked for me: In Adobe Acrobat Reader: Under Edit -->Preferences , go down to the section titled Security (Enhanced) turn off the option within the ""Sandbox Protections"" section at the top that reads ""Enable Protected Mode at Startup