cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object Error - Could not identify process owning the current foreground window

ShashiK_R
Level 4
Can someone advise why the error "Could not identify process owning the current foreground window" pops up even when only bot have logged into the VM.   Thanks, Shashi  
8 REPLIES 8

DaveMorris
Level 14
Try some of the suggestions here: http://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/support-center#/path/11374… If none of that helps you, could you describe more about your situation such as whether you're remoted into the VM or not and whether you're getting the error only from Control Room, etc.? More detail is always better than less!
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

SoumyaNair1
Level 2
Hi There, What action stage are you doing before the activity stage. I recently faced similar issue in one of my process. In my process I was using both press and Global mouse click center and the error I received after the press action stage . When I replaced the Press action stage with global mouse click just before the activate stage it works perfectly fine. Let me know if this helps you.

ShashiK_R
Level 4
@David, Unfortunately, I can't open the link you provided. Could you please provide the working link?   @Soumya, The button we are trying to click is a log off button on a web application. Before clicking, there is one navigate stage which is performing activate application and maximize operation. This logic will be executed inside a loop as explained below:   Ex: When bot is unable to do some operations on the web page, it logs off and tries to logs in again to do the operations. The above logic works fine, when logging off first time. But when robots launches the application and encounters the error again, it tries to click on log off button and encounters the error stated above.  

DaveMorris
Level 14
The link works for me. It takes some time for the Support Center article to load so it may appear to be a broken link. Just give it some time to load and see. Otherwise, just search for this in Support Center (https://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/support-center#): Why do I get error ""Could not identify process owning the current foreground window"" when trying to focus an application?
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

Dave that link doesn't work for me either.  Any chance you can re-link or give some guidance?

------------------------------
Jonathan Holstine
Systems Accountant
Interior Business Center
America/Denver

Hi Jonathan,

I assume you have an account to access to Blue Prism Portal. Try the following link:
https://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/support-center#/path/Automation-Design/Studio/Process-Design/1137420332/Why-do-I-get-error-Could-not-identify-process-owning-the-current-foreground-window...

Question: have you tried to terminate the browser after the logoff and retry from the beginning (launch browser, open the login page, login)?

Luca Valente
Senior Product Consultant
Blue Prism
America/New_York

Hi Shashi

Usually this is caused by more than one connection to the machine although VM's should allow multiple sessions. I'm assuming you are using activate actions for the process? I've found its normally this stage that has this issue I would say if its only happening in one part of the process then change the activate to 'Click window centre' and this works fine for me. If it happens in random places then you may need to change all the activates to this although you can also add in attach stages to make sure its active before doing the click.

Hope this helps 🙂

Michael ONeil
Technical Lead developer
Everis Consultancy
Europe/London

Hi All,

We're unable to find/solve the root cause of the issue.
However, we have potentially found a pattern which can lead to this error. The cause could be, multiple VM's are logged in with the same user credentials, due to which the bot sometime was unable to find the correct target active sessions. We worked around this and made 1 user ID specific to 1 VM. Looks the issue is not occurring since then. Will keep this group posted if more findings.

Thanks,

Shashi K R

Shashi Kumar
Senior Consultant
Asia/Dili