cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open workbook has error

Zhu_ZhuTan
Level 2
I was practicing Blueprism foundation training chapter 11. I need to read data from excel file. And I create a process to do it. .Create instance. .Show. .Open Workbook. At Open Workbook section, i don't know how to fill the filename. When I fill it by "[File Path] & "Orders.csv"", below exception is appeared. -Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. When I fill it by ""[File Path] & "Orders"", below exception is appeared. -File Not Found : File: C:\BluePrism\Training\Application\Windows\Orders does not exist or is not a file. Maybe it's a simple question, but I didn't find any related answer in the Forum, is anybody can help me how to handle it and continue it?
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

DaveMorris
Level 14
The second error happened because you need the file extension.  Using this in the filename input should work assuming that [File Path] ends in a backslash \. You could use Combine Path from the File Management VBO as well. Cuts a couple steps off of checking for the backslash yourself. Don't add any quotations: [File Path] & ""Orders.csv
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

View answer in original post

7 REPLIES 7

DaveMorris
Level 14
The second error happened because you need the file extension.  Using this in the filename input should work assuming that [File Path] ends in a backslash \. You could use Combine Path from the File Management VBO as well. Cuts a couple steps off of checking for the backslash yourself. Don't add any quotations: [File Path] & ""Orders.csv

Zhu_ZhuTan
Level 2
But use [File Path] & ""Orders.csv"" still bring out below error. -Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. The object MS Excel VBO is imported from Blueprism default file.

DaveMorris
Level 14
Check these things first: http://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/support-center#/path/11588…

Zhu_ZhuTan
Level 2
David, really thank you very much!! It's solved! It's the culture information setting problem. Thank you!

Can you please share the link again? This one does not work and I have encountered the same problem..

------------------------------
Marcin Berdys
IT Solution Architect
Digit.ON
Europe/Warsaw

Hi Team,

Even I am getting this error File: does not exist or is not a file when trying to open a workbook from a network path. It totally work fine and fetches the excel data when manually run and throws error while scheduled.

Could somebody explain on how this was resolved?

Akshaya R
RPA Developer
Akshaya R RPA Developer

Any reply on this please

sathya Datla