cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Standard VBO

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Everyone,

I am working on a POC that involves Oracle. Is there any Oracle VBO, Can assist me?

------------------------------
Ankit Raj
RPA developer
EY
India
32 REPLIES 32

AmiBarrett
Level 12
The main problem with Oracle, is that no view is standardized; it's all custom-built for front-end interaction. About all you could get out of standard actions would be to close, select a favorite, or trigger something from one of the pull-down menus at the top (IE: Export, but that would then need a second object to handle the remaining section in IE).

The other major issue with Oracle, at least in the version I work with, is that none of the definitions are consistent. Items that should be static (New item, Search, etc) still don't contain reliable definitions all the time, because Oracle (Java?) likes to change how it gets rendered. You're honestly probably going to be better off making your own object, then making use of Region mode for a few items.

Ami Barrett
Lead RPA Software Developer
Solai & Cameron
America/Chicago

Which would be the current standard VBO?

kazumasa yoshikawa

Hi Kazumasa

The standard vbo in Blueprism for working with databases is Data - OLEDB, the functionality allows you to execute your sql queries. What exactly is it you're trying to do with oracle?

Michael ONeil
Technical Lead developer
Everis Consultancy
Europe/London

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hi Ankit,

There's a lot of "Oracle" out there. Are you referring to Oracle RDBMS or any of the many Oracle products/platforms out there? If you are referring to Oracle RDBMS then there is an Oracle RDBMS VBO on the Digital Exchange that makes use of the Oracle ODP.NET library. You can find it here.

There are also assets on the DX for working with Oracle Integration Cloud and Oracle ERP.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

Hi Eric,

Yes, I mean the Oracle RDBMS.
I want to connect to the DB and perform basic table operations (UPDATE, INSERT, DELETE).

Thank you for introducing me to Oracle RDBMS VBO.
One question, where can I get the prerequisite Oracle.ManagedDataAccess.dll?

kazumasa yoshikawa

You should be able to find it here.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement

It was very helpful. Thank you very much.
I was able to get the DLL safely.

kazumasa yoshikawa

sonuiiml
Level 5

Hi Ankit, 
I was able to connect to to ORracle 11g databse and perform the operations there. So essentially, the requirement was to execute custom stored procedures in Oracle database and there was some amount so C# coding involved to execute those. Well it worked really well for me.  Below is the link to the utility tool in digital exchange 

18312.png

All you need to do is to place Oraclemanagedaccess.dll in the blueprism automate folder. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks & Regards,

Susamay Halder

+1(437)217-1086

Susamay Halder Consultant
Consultant
Bruce Power
+1(437)217-1086

h