cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Organizing Schedules

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello all, I have a schedule with a great number of tasks in it, and once the schedule is created, it will randomly rearrange itself in no particular order. Is there a way to rearrange the schedule tasks to make it more readable? or a way to maybe sort them so that they make more sense? An example would be: I create a schedule with tasks in the order that I want them to take and it shows like below. Task A Task B Task C Task D Task E The day after I create it, when looking at it again it shows like below. Task A Task B Task E Task D Task C Is there a reason for this happening? or is there a way to correct it? It wouldn't matter so much, but this schedule has 44 tasks on it in a linear fashion. It makes reading it very obtuse with them randomly rearrange themselves. Thank you for any advice.
2 REPLIES 2

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
The tasks in Scheduler are displayed in alphabetical order - there is no way of preventing that. However, this has no impact in the order that the tasks are set to run - that is based upon your On Completion or On Exception logic within your schedule.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not sure if it is because we haven't upgraded to version 5 yet, but ours do not default to alphabetical order. The current first character of some of our schedule tasks in the order that they are currently shown is as follows: O, O, L, 2, 3, E, 2, 3, 2, 3, E, E, L, D, L, D, D, B, etc. If they were in alphabetical order that would be preferable to the mess that they were auto-organized to. Is this something that we should contact support on?