cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook VBO on Multiple Email Boxes

Liam_Heiniger
Level 4
I'm attempting to use the Outlook VBO with release 6.3 to pull all the sent emails from the various group emails on my Outlook but I an only get the sent emails from my default email a none of group emails. Does the out Outlook VBO allow me to pull sent emails from a group email I'm a part of, any tips, hints or suggestions about how to go about solving this issues?
44 REPLIES 44

Venkata_Pranav_
Level 6
Was anyone able to implement what amibarrett suggested? I'm a bit lost and would love some more guidance.
Pranav

AmiBarrett
Level 12
Which part do you need help on? I'm happy to elaborate if needed.

Venkata_Pranav_
Level 6
Thanks amibarrett. I'm able to get mails from different profiles after a bit of playing with the code. Has anyone tried moving emails to subfolders in non-default profiles? 
Pranav

AmiBarrett
Level 12
Do you mean within the same profile, or from one profile to another? If the former, you could make similar modifications to the ""Move Email to Inbox Sub Folder"" action. If the latter, I can see two options. The first is to save an e-mail as a file, then try to re-import to a new profile. The second would be to add the address of the second profile as a shared mailbox, rather than a second profile.

NilanshuSoni
Level 4
Hi Ami, Are you able to read the emails from different mailboxes through any code? If yes, can you please share that code.

AmiBarrett
Level 12
Yes - the required code has already been provided in a previous post in this thread.

AndreaFrauchige
Level 3
Thanks a lot for the solution - was able to amend the VBO. thumbs up!

AkshayBassi1
Level 2
Hi, Are you guys able to share the changes you made to be able to retrieve emails from multiple mailboxes/a different mailbox? Thanks

AndreasMontanus
Level 2
You could always change profiles using the this little registry hack before reading the mailbox. Just set up the different mailboxes with their corresponding profiles and change to the profile using ""profileName"".      Success = false; try     {         RegistryKey myKey = Registry.CurrentUser.OpenSubKey(""Software\\Microsoft\\Office\\16.0\\Outlook"", true);         if(myKey != null) {         myKey.SetValue(""DefaultProfile"", profileName, RegistryValueKind.String);         myKey.Close();         Success = true;         }     } catch      {      Success = false;         }   - MSN

DaveMorris
Level 14
@amibarrett Accessing the shared mailbox worked like a charm. Thanks!
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA