cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook VBO on Multiple Email Boxes

Liam_Heiniger
Level 4
I'm attempting to use the Outlook VBO with release 6.3 to pull all the sent emails from the various group emails on my Outlook but I an only get the sent emails from my default email a none of group emails. Does the out Outlook VBO allow me to pull sent emails from a group email I'm a part of, any tips, hints or suggestions about how to go about solving this issues?
44 REPLIES 44

I've been looking into this. Sometime within the last 12 months, there was a security fix applied which actively prevents this functionality from working on a shared mailbox. The code was previously tested on a non-o365 envrionment, so I'm wondering if that has something to do with it.

Google led me to a post confirming that the code in the VBO is what was previously valid, so it's not technically a syntax error.

I did find one work around, but it's a hack and a two-step solution. Do note that this will not take into account any value supplied for the subfolder variable, but does require that some value be present in order to trigger. The end result will pull from whatever the current active folder is, which somehow doesn't trip any security flags. I looked into setting the folder as the current active folder by code, but that uses the same code snippet that's currently running into issues.

Step 1:
Modify the Sub_Folder section of the code

If Sub_Folder <> "" Then
	if sharedEmail <> Nothing then
		folder = app.ActiveExplorer.CurrentFolder
	else
		For each name as string in Sub_Folder.Split("\")
			folder = folder.Folders(name)
		Next
	end if
End If

Step 2:
Have a separate VBO attach to Outlook and click the subfolder that you want to access.

------------------------------
Ami Barrett
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism
Plano, TX

Hi Amy,

Thanks a lot for your detailed reply. I will try your workaround. I have 3 sub-folders inside the inbox folder of the shared mailbox so clicking on the one that I need to read the emails from makes sense. Also, once the emails are read and processed (each email from a queue), I have to move the processed email to one of the other 2 sub-folders (out of 3, 1 is for reading, 1 is to move the email when it is processed successfully and 1 is to move the email when there is an exception). Will the Move Email to Sub-folder work in this case for the Shared Mailbox?

Arjun Gupta
Associate Process Automation Developer
UL LLC
America/Chicago

Unfortunately, no. This seems to have the same issue.

Ami Barrett
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism
Plano, TX

Hi,

Thanks for the information. I will try out your workaround and see if it works.

Arjun Gupta
UL LLC
America/Chicago

In the next version of BP 6.8 (soon to be released in few weeks), work with multiple accounts, and shared folders from other accounts will be now supported.

Stay Tune

Luis Lopez
Customer Support Engineer English and Spanish
Blue Prism Ltd

@Luis Lopez - Thanks for confirming on latest release. Kindly confirm that 'Outlook VBO' will be updated in v6.8. We will just need to use latest version of VBO and not actually upgrade our BP because VBO works independent of BP version? ​

Mayank Goyal

Hi Luis, I have the same question/concern as Mayank. Will we be required to upgrade our environments?

Arjun Gupta
UL LLC
America/Chicago

@Mayank Goyal@Arjun Gupta - VBOs are typically independent from BP ​environments. As this one is not an internal VBO (IE: Encryption, Work Queues), it is able to port between environments regardless of version. For example, when it was first released during the 6.x life-cycle, I was able to import into a 5.x environment without issue.

Ami Barrett
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism
Plano, TX

@AmiBarrettLuis Lopez -  ​Kindly suggest if new version of outlook VBO is available for use, please share the link to download the same. Also kindly confirm apart from standard outlook VBO that cames with BP, is there any extended version of outlook vbo as well?

Mayank Goyal

If all you need is to pull mail from a shared mailbox on the same profile, then yes - I can confirm that the new version of the Outlook VBO does this.

As far as an extended object, not that I've seen specifically. There are a couple of alternative builds either on the DX or floating around on the communities that have been attached to posts that have one or two actions that the base VBO does not, but it's otherwise the same.

If you need to pull mail from another profile, like you would have in MAPIex, you'll need a copy of the VBO I posted elsewhere.

Ami Barrett
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism
Plano, TX